- Lean ground beef, ground turkey-1 pound each
- Onions, chopped-2
- Garlic, minced-3
- Tomato paste-1 can (6 ounces)
- Tomato sauce-2 cans (101⁄2 ounces each)
- Kidney beans, rinsed, drained-2 cans (151⁄2 ounces each)
- Chili powder -2 tablespoons
- Dried oregano leaves-1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper, as required
- Cook ground beef and turkey in lightly greased large skillet over medium heat until meat is browned, for about 10 minutes, crumbling meat with a fork.
- Combine meat and remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper, in slow cooker;
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.