- 6 cups cubed day-old whole-wheat bread 1 can (11 ounces)
- Mandarin oranges, drained, halved 1 can (12 ounces)
- Reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1.5 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 egg
- Toss bread and Mandarin oranges in lightly greased slow cooker.
- Heat evaporated milk, brown sugar, and cocoa in large saucepan over medium high heat, stirring until brown sugar is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk about half the mixture into eggs; whisk egg mixture back into saucepan.
- Pour mixture over bread, making sure bread is covered.
- Cover and cook on high until pudding is set and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 4 hours. Serve warm.