- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 11⁄2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
- 4 each: peeled cubed medium potatoes, thickly sliced carrots, ribs celery
- 1 cup each: chopped onion, whole-kernel corn
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 11⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except peas, cilantro, salt, and pepper, in 6-quart slow cooker;
- Cover and cook on high 4 to 5 hours, adding peas during last 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro; discard bay leaves.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.