- Frozen pastry for 9-inch pie crust, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups peeled sliced apples
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Powdered sugar, as garnish
- Roll pastry on floured surface into a 10-inch round; fit into bottom and 1.5 inches up side of 7- inch spring-form pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Mix sugar and flour in large saucepan; add water, orange zest, and nutmeg.
- Heat to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar; add apples and cranberries.
- Simmer 10 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon fruit mixture into crust, spreading evenly.
- Place pan on rack in 6-quart slow cooker; cover and cook on high 21/2 hours.
- Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving