- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ tsp Stevia powdered extract (2-3 drops Stevia liquid concentrate)
- 1 finely chopped celery stalk
- 1 chopped clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and black ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (preferably smooth)
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized pan and fry the onions, peppers and celery for about 5 minutes. Now add the paprika, curry powder, garlic, 1 tsp salt and cayenne pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Now add the chicken broth, Stevia, crushed tomatoes, and 1 cup of water. Using a whisk slowly add the peanut better until properly blended.
- Once the soup starts to boil, turn down the heat and simmer for a further 30 minutes stirring every now and then. The soup should have thickened by the time its ready.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until a puree forms. Add salt and pepper to taste.