- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen thawed whole okra
- 1 cup each: whole-kernel corn, sliced mushrooms, chopped onion
- 2 each: sliced medium carrots, chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 11⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked couscous
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Condiments: reduced-fat plain yogurt, raisins, chopped cucumber, peanuts, and tomato
- Combine all ingredients, except couscous, salt, pepper, and condiments, in slow cooker; cover and cook on high 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in couscous and turn heat off; cover and let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve stew with condiments