- 21⁄2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄3cup dry Marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1/4cup tomato paste
- 1 cup each: chopped onion, red and green bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 pound haddock steaks, cubed (2-inch)
- 2 cups cooked medium pasta shells, warm
- 2–3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except fish, pasta, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, in slow cooker;
- Cover and cook on high 4 to 5 hours, adding fish and pasta during last 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.