- 1 quart chicken broth
- 6–8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each: ground cumin, dried oregano leaves
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 4 slices French or sourdough bread
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Chopped cilantro, as garnish
- Combine broth, garlic, and herbs in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours.
- Add salt and cayenne pepper as required.
- Spray both sides of bread slices generously with cooking spray.
- Cook in large skillet, over medium heat, until golden, for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place slices of bread in bottoms of soup bowls; ladle soup over and sprinkle with cilantro.