- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons Dutch process cocoa, divided
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups boiling water
- Wrap bottom of spring-form pan in aluminum foil.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.
- Whisk combined milk, oil, and vanilla into flour mixture, mixing well.
- Spoon batter into greased 7-inch spring-form pan. Mix remaining 3 tablespoons cocoa and granulated sugar; sprinkle over cake batter.
- Slowly pour boiling water over the back of a large spoon or spatula over batter; do not stir.
- Place pan on rack in 6-cup slow cooker; cover and cook on high until cake springs back when touched, about 2 hours.
- Cool pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove side of pan and serve warm.