- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth or
- clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1.5pounds tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup halved small mushrooms
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2spoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound grouper or other firm-fleshed fish steaks, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except fish, parsley, salt, and pepper, in slow
- Cover and cook on high 4 to 5 hours, adding fish and parsley during last 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.