- Chicken Stock or chicken broth -1 quart Rich
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed-1 pound
- Whole kernel corn-2 cups
- Chopped onions-11⁄2 cups
- Chopped red or green bell pepper-1 cup
- Chopped small jalapeño chili, clove garlic-1 each
- Ground cumin-1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper, as required
- Shredded reduced-fat (4–6 ounces)
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine all ingredients, except salt, pepper, and cheese, in slow cooker;
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours.
- Add Salt and pepper, as required
- Add cheese, stirring until melted.