- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms – Preferably a combo of 2 or more different types like button and Portobello’s.
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 finely chopped onion
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp basil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a medium sized skillet sauté onions and mushrooms for about 3 min. Remove from heat.
- Add the basil, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper and then remove sautéed mix from skillet.
- Spray the skillet with more cooking spray and pour in 1/2 of the egg substitute. Cook until lightly browned on the bottom and then flip over to cook the opposite side.
- Once cooked, place 1/2 of the sautéed mix onto the omelette and fold in half.
- Remove omelette from skillet and store in oven or just cover.
- Use the rest of the egg and sautéed mix to make the second omelette.