- 4 cups each: peeled sliced baking apples, fresh or drained, canned peaches
- 2/3 cup each: granulated sugar, packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, cut into pieces
- 4 buttermilk biscuits, baked, halved
- 2 teaspoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- Toss fruit with combined sugars, flour, and spices and spoon into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high until fruit is tender, about 2 hours.
- Arrange biscuit halves, cut sides down, on fruit during last 30 minutes of cooking, dot with cold margarine.
- Brush biscuits lightly with margarine and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Serve warm.