- 4–6 Polish sausages (1 pound)
- 8–12 ounces sauerkraut, rinsed, drained
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small tart apple, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon each: fennel and caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Pepper, to taste
- 4–6 hot dog buns or rolls
- Whole grain mustard
- Place sausages in slow cooker;
- Top with combined remaining ingredients, except pepper, buns, and mustard.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Serve sausages and sauerkraut on buns with mustard.