- lean ground pork or turkey -1.5 pounds
- Kidney beans, rinsed, drained-2 cans (15 ounces each)
- 2 cans (141⁄2 ounces each) petite-diced tomatoes
- Chopped onion-1⁄2 cup
- Ground cinnamon, cumin-1⁄2 teaspoon each
- Spinach, coarsely chopped-8 ounces
- Salt and pepper, as required
- Cook pork in lightly greased large skillet until browned, for about 10 minutes, crumbling with fork.
- Combine pork and remaining ingredients, except kale, salt, and pepper, in slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, stirring in kale during the last 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.