- 1.5 pounds lean beef stew meat, cubed
- 1.5 cups reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 3 cups cut green beans
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup each: sliced carrots, celery
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1–2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Salt and pepper, as required
- 4 cups cooked rice, warm
- Combine all ingredients, except cornstarch, water, salt, pepper, and rice, in 6-quart slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours.
- Turn heat to high and cook for about 10 minutes
- Stir in combined cornstarch and water, stirring 2 to 3 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf
- Add Salt and pepper, as required and serve over rice.