- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup each: reduced-sodium vegetable broth, thickly sliced carrots, zucchini
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, cubed (1-inch)
- 3⁄4 cup each: coarsely chopped green and red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 4 ounces fresh or frozen thawed sliced okra
- 2–3 teaspoons coarse-grain mustard Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except pearl onions, okra, mustard, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper, in slow cooker;
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, adding pearl onions and okra during last 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with mustard, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper.