- 1 pound lean beef round steak, cubed
- 11⁄2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon dried savory leaves
- 2 medium apples, peeled, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Salt and pepper, as required
- Combine all ingredients, except apples, peas, cornstarch, water, salt, and pepper, in slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours, adding apples during last 15 minutes.
- Add peas, turn heat to high, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in combined cornstarch and water, stirring 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Salt and pepper, as required