- Water -2.5 quarts
- 2 ribs from cooked beef rib roast, fat trimmed
- Thickly sliced large onions, medium carrots, small ribs celery-4 each
- 1 parsnip, halved
- 2 bay leaves
- Black peppercorns-8
- Sage leaves-5
- Salt, add as required
- Combine all ingredients, except salt, in 6-quart slow cooker;
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours.
- Strain stock through double layer of cheesecloth, discarding solids;
- Add salt as required.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Remove fat from surface of stock.