- 3 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 cans (141⁄2 ounces each) chili-seasoned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 cups diced red or green bell peppers
- 11⁄2 cups each: chopped onions, peeled cubed sweet potatoes, zucchini
- 2 teaspoons each: minced garlic, chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except raisins, salt, and pepper, in 6-quart slow cooker;
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, adding raisins during last 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.