- 2 cans (141⁄2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) each: rinsed drained black and pinto beans
- 11⁄2 cups Basic Vegetable Stock or vegetable broth
- 6 each: sliced carrots, cubed unpeeled red potatoes
- 11⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2–3 teaspoons each: minced serrano chilies, garlic
- 11⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except salt and pepper, in 6-quart slow cooker;
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Discard bay leaf; season to taste with salt and pepper.