- 14 oz. sliced chicken breast fillets
- 11/2 cups doongara rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (reduced salt)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup fresh baby corn
- 1/4 cup water (extra)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 chopped red Thai chillies
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 2 tsp lime rind, finely grated
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cups fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 finely sliced red onions
- To make a marinade, combine honey, chilli, sesame oil, cornflour, juice and sauce in bowl. Place chicken in mixture and coat completely. Cover and place in fridge for at least an hour.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Keep marinade
- Brown the chicken in a wok, in batches using 1/2 of the peanut oil. Remove from wok and place to one side. Using the rest of the peanut oil fry the onion, garlic, corn and tender, but not overcooked. Place browned chicken back to wok with the leftover marinade, extra water and rind. Keep frying until the chicken is cooked through.
- Before serving sprinkle with herbs and sprouts. Serve delicious chicken and veggie mix with rice.