- 4 cups Rich Mushroom Stock or vegetable broth
- 1 package (101⁄2 ounces) firm light tofu or tempeh, cubed (1⁄2-inch)
- 2 cups each: sliced peeled red potatoes, sliced carrots
- 1⁄2 cup each: sliced onion, celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach,
- Thawed Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except spinach, parsley, salt, and pepper, in slow cooker;
- Cover and cook on high 3 to 4 hours, adding spinach during last 20 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf; season to taste with salt and pepper.