- Water -4 quarts
- White wine or water -1 cup dry
- 1 turkey carcass, cut up
- Thickly sliced medium onions, leeks (white parts only) -2 each
- Thickly sliced medium carrots, ribs celery -4 each
- Dried thyme leaves -1 teaspoon
- Black peppercorns -10
- Parsley -6 sprigs
- Pepper and salt, add as required
- Combine all ingredients, except salt and pepper, in 6-quart slow cooker; cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Strain stock through double layer of cheesecloth, discarding solids; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until chilled; remove fat from surface of stock.