- 1/4 cup custard powder
- 10 oz. soft tofu
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups low fat milk
- 1 Tbsp Stevia powdered extract (1/2 tsp Stevia liquid concentrate)
- 2 1/2 cups mixed berries
- 2 tsp icing
- Pour milk into a saucepan and slowly stir in the custard powder until consistency is smooth. While continuing to stir add the Stevia and milk until the custard starts boiling and thickening. Remove from the heat.
- Place tofu in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and blended tofu to the custard and stir. Allow the mixture to cool before placing in a 5 x 8 inches loaf pan. Cover with foil and place in freezer overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- Transfer mixture to 5 x 8 inch loaf pan. Cover tightly with foil, freeze 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove ice cream from pan and beat with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Transfer back to pan, cover and place in freezer for another 3 hours. Repeat the process of beating with electric mixer and freezing twice more.
- To make the berry topping place berries and Stevia in a blender and blend until smooth. Place the finished product in a fine sieve and push through to get rid of all the solid pieces.