Weight Watchers Madras Chicken Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 400g/14oz tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 125g/4oz skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 100g/3 ½oz basmati rice
- 500ml/2 cups chicken stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion, garlic & celery in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1½-2 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Remove 2 ladles of soup and use a blender to blend this to a smooth consistency. Return the blended portion to the rest of the soup. Combine well, season and serve.