Weight Watchers Pea & Ham Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g/7oz pre soaked yellow split peas
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 125g/4oz smoked ham or gammon, chopped
- 1lt/4 cups chicken stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1½-2 hours or until everything is tender. Remove 2 ladles of soup and use a blender to blend this to a smooth consistency. Return the blended portion of the soup to the rest of the soup. Combine well, season and serve.