With the abundance or cheap, processed and unhealthy food today, it comes to no surprise that most adults and even children are slightly overweight or obese. Just take a look at their diet and you know they are not healthy eaters at all. There is a massive chance that many of us eat more than our body needs and to fix it, we can start to cut down our portions and eat less.
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 400g/14oz tinned mixed beans, drained
- 125g/4oz courgettes/zucchini sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree/paste
- 1lt/4 cups vegetable stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the leeks, onion & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until softened. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the vegetables are cooked through. Check the seasoning and serve.