- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ¼ tsp Stevia powdered extract (18 -27 drops Stevia liquid concentrate)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- Preheat your oven to 392 deg. F (200 deg. Celcius).
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients and blend thoroughly. Crumble the butter into the dry mixture and then make a hole in the middle of the mixture as you push it onto the sides of the bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the buttermilk, eggs and cranberries and then pour this mixture into the centre of the dry mixture. Stir until combined.
- On a flat floured surface, knead the dough and then spread it out so that it is 8 inches wide and about ¾ inch thick. Brush buttermilk onto the top and sprinkle the oats over and push them into the dough.
- Divide the dough to make 12 separate scones and then place them onto a baking sheet (must not be greased).
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown.