- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (131⁄4 ounces) baby lima beans, rinsed, drained
- 11⁄2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup each: chopped onion, peeled cubed Idaho and sweet potato
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup each: sliced carrot, parsnip, chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except cornstarch, water, salt, and pepper, in slow cooker;
- Cover and cook on high 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in combined cornstarch and water, stirring 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.