- Chicken Stock or chicken broth-1 quart
- Navy beans, rinsed, drained-2 cans (15 ounces each)
- Lean lamb for stew, cubed-1 pound
- Smoked ham, cubed -8–12 ounces
- Chopped large onion, rib celery-1 each
- Chopped carrots, minced cloves garlic-2 each
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Diced tomatoes – 1 can
- Salt and pepper, as required
- Combine all ingredients, except salt and pepper, in 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours.
- Add Salt and pepper, as required